The module sells for $149 (CAD), then renews annually (only required for updates and support) for $79.99 (CAD).
We strongly recommend using the free Namesilo module here first. If you find limits to the module functionality, our advanced module's features may fill in some of those blanks for you. This module is a drop-in replacement for the free module.
Included in the free module:
- Automated registration
- Auto initiate transfer
- A secondary cron job script for syncing domains (rather than built in)
- DNS management
- Email forwarding
- Domain forwarding capabilities.
All of this is available in the advanced module except the secondary cron script is eliminated in favour of using WHMCS's built in domain sync functionailty using the WHMCS built-in cron system. Please ensure your WHMCS cron is working successfully.
Our Namesilo Registrar Advanced module includes more advanced functionality, specifically to improve automation, such as:
- Automatic domain expiry and transfer status sync using built in WHMCS cron job (rather than secondary cron job)
- Automation for direct client -> namesilo domain transfer management (*) throughout the process. The module will check for an updated transfer status periodically from Namesilo.
- Provides template variables that you can insert into your Client Area templates in the location of your choosing to indicate when the client hasn't approved the ICANN verification email and allow them to resend the email
- Provides domain transfer status information as a Client Area template variable -- you must insert it manually in the location of your choosing
- The ability to enable automatic TLD pricing updates (pulls live pricing from Namesilo daily) with a specified automatic markup. Also resyncs the pricing when you save the WHMCS admin area TLDs listing/editing page.
- Provides an admin dashboard widget showing TLD pricing cost in USD pulled live from Namesilo
- Fully automated .ca and .us registration and transfer support (includes additional fields like usnc or usap for .us and cira fields for .ca in the transaction call)
- (*) There is currently only partial support for Client Area management of domain transfers because when a domain is set to "Pending Transfer" it cannot call custom functions. We have the code in place to make this work, so if you wish to see this functionality working in a future release of WHMCS, please vote for the feature here.
- Client Area template variables: you must implement these variables yourself. For example, this module will not automatically show the domain transfer status in the Client Area until you add the variable to your templates. Template/Smarty code that you can copy and paste into your templates is provided in the module's readme file.
- This module does not automatically add TLDs -- you have to add them manually so that you can choose which TLDs you wish to sell. If you wish to have pricing automatically pulled and updated from NameSilo, you must configure the module's settings to enable this and specify a markup. Once this is done, you can add your TLDs, but can leave the pricing at default values. When you click save on the TLD listing page, it will obtain pricing and apply your specified markup automatically. It will also sync pricing with NameSilo daily, assuming your WHMCS cron job is configured and working correctly.
- This module does not support premium domains yet. Unfortunately the Namesilo API does not indicate in its checkRegisterAvailability API call whether each domain being checked is premium or not. We have code in place ready to manage this process, however until Namesilo adds such support to their API, it cannot be done.
- This module does not support namespinning. We've asked Namesilo to add this to their API as well.
A common problem people have when setting up automatic TLD pricing sync: when adding/configuring TLDs in WHMCS, make sure of these two things:
- The "Auto Registration" field is set to "Namesilo" for all TLDs, and
- When adding/editing the pricing of those TLDs, the "Enable" box is checked.
If it's not assigned to namesilo this module will not touch it. If you don't enable the pricing for the TLD, it won't sync the prices.