The module allows you to offer your customers to buy and manage virtual KVM machines directly in the WHMCS panel.
The module allows your customers to manage KVM machines using the Proxmox panel. It allows you to manage virtually all functions available in Proxmox directly from the WHMCS panel without going to the Proxmox panel. This greatly simplifies and facilitates customer account management, improves customer satisfaction and reduces the number of support requests.
After installation, the module will fully manage the creation, edition, and suspension of KVM VM and interact with the WHMCS billing system, exchanging data needed for settlements with customers, activations or service blocking.
Thanks to the power of WHMCS, accounts are automatically checked, suspended when limits are exceeded and suspended when no payments are made. Customers have full knowledge of the status and details of the service directly from the WHMCS customer panel.
The module has been tested on the WHMCS version from 8+. We assume that the module should work without any problems on the older version of WHMCS 7, but we cannot guarantee it. You have 7 days to fully test the module for free.
The module, fully installed and correctly implemented in the system, offers the following functionalities.
Get Your Free Development License: https://puqcloud.com/devlicenses
You can acquire a free Development License of this module. This license grants you access to our software products, allowing you to explore and test them for your development and testing projects. It's an invaluable tool for developers and teams seeking to familiarize themselves with our products and engage in limited-scale development before committing to the purchase of commercial licenses.
- Automatic creation of a KVM virtual machines
- Service suspend and unsuspend function
- Service termination function. Removes a virtual machine and all dependencies associated with it. Adds a note on the product details page in WHMCS admin panel with the date and IP address that was used by this virtual machine.
- Automatically adds additional disk to a virtual machine if an additional disk is configured in the product configuration (It is possible to provision VM with two separately configured disks - a system booting one and second one).
- Automatically configures virtual machine parameters such as the number of CPU processor cores, RAM, disk bandwidth limits such as megabytes per second and the number of I/O operations, network card bandwidth limits.
- Module supports multilingualism (Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Farsi, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian)
- Automatically selects an available IP address from a list of IP addresses provided during initial module installation and configuration.
- Automatically configures the virtual machine system user and password which is then sent by email to customer.
- Automatically adds rules to the firewall that allow you to avoid spoofing the IP address of the virtual machine.
- Configures the cloud-init device to auto-configure the virtual machine.
- Snapshot and backup management. Admin can define options for its clients. The number of snapshots and backups is configured by additional options to the product, and if it is not specified or set to zero, then the function of snapshots and backup will not be available to the client.
- Managing forward and reverse zone DNS records - system prepares detailed information with the DNS zone data in the ticket and by providing an endpoint URL address that you can use for automation
- Integrated noVNC WEB console for KVM access
- Implemented the function of reinstalling the operating system with the ability to change the operating system to another.
- The function of resetting the operating system (root) password has been implemented in client and admin panel.
- Statistics on the use of virtual machine resources in the form of graphs (CPU, RAM, disk, network). Real-time metric data are imported from hypervisor.
- Under certain conditions, you can change the virtual machine's identifier to a specific service (the machine with the given identifier must be created on the Proxmox server / cluster and not be connected to any other service). This can be useful when you want to attach existing machines to a module. Machines added in this way may not have all management options
- The function of mount an ISO image to a virtual machine has been implemented.
- We have prepared templates for the most common distributions but You can create additional ones - we provide brief requirements later in this guide.
- Module allows when the virtual machine template has 2 disks that can be stored on different network storages. For example, the system disk of the virtual machine is stored on the fast storage, and an additional disk is stored on the slow storage, designed for backups inside the virtual machine.
- For ISO images, you can use another network storage
Basic information on client panel page
The end customer, after logging in to his own customer panel, has access to the following information and options:
- Status and used resources of the virtual machine in real time
- Start and stop the virtual machine
- Connect to the virtual machine terminal using the noVNC WEB client.
- Charts - switch to real-time virtual machine resource usage statistics. Statistics are presented in the form of well-readable graphs.
- Reinstall the operating system.
- Snapshot - go to snapshot management page.
- Backup - go to backups management page.
- Reset the (root) password of the virtual machine's operating system.
- Configure the reverse DNS record is available.
- Mount an ISO image is available.
The admin panel of the product contains the following items.
- Module Command buttons of the module for managing the service and the virtual machine
- Section with the id of the virtual machine and a button for setting a new ID
- Connection API status to PROXMOX server
- Button to connect to the noVNC server console
- The section in which in real time with an update of 1 time for 5 seconds the parameters and stars of the virtual machine are shown
- Section with graphs with virtual machine statistics
Please look for complete documentation in the link below as this is advanced module and have many more options.
Additional project info
On the basis of our experience and modules that we have created and use for production every day in our company, we decided to publish a commercial version, hence the code of the modules is not the achievement of a programmer who learns and tests new solutions, but the result of the work of experienced developers with over 20 years of experience.
Price for the module.
We are based on a subscription model and we offer two variants - monthly and annual. The annual plan comes with a big discount on the monthly version. More details can be seen on the product page of our store.
For each of our products, we have prepared a Weblate-based translation mechanism that uses deepL machine learning engine.
Missing translations can, for each available language, be generated automatically and suggestions for better expressions.
To work properly, the module requires a previously configured Proxmox server or Proxmox cluster (we have prepared detailed instructions - link at the bottom) and, apart from other requirements, also the available IP address range
English documentation: https://puqcloud.com/link.php?id=5
We have prepared a detailed installation manual for the module, including all the steps needed to implement the module.